On Oct 26, 2005, at 0:49, Jonathan Worthington wrote:

If people have free time to spend on configure stuff, might it not be better spent working on the real configure system that we want to have (e.g. a set of makefiles for each platform to build miniparrot, then configure is a Parrot program run by miniparrot that figures stuff out that we need to build the full Parrot)?

Exactly. The more that a lot of stuff [1] currently handled by Configure could be done either by the Makefile or just much later for languages/*.

Cleanup is very much welcome, as well as to revive miniparrot (the real one).

[1] creation of various runtime/parrot/include/*.pasm comes to my mind

Just a thought,

Jonathan

leo