At 11:00 PM 2/16/01 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 06:52:22PM -0800, Peter Scott wrote:
> > S'not about saving keystrokes, as many times as I do type the same things
> > in every file; it's about giving newbies the right introduction to the
> > language and providing appropriate feedback at the appropriate level of
> > individual development.
>
>You're making it sound like -w is a personal tutor!

I could go for this...

perl -we '$h{$_} = 1 for @a'
It looks like you don't understand hash slices.  Would you like a brief
explanation of how they work?
 > nodammit
That sounded to me like "yes".  Examples of hash slices:...

And if they're running PerlTk, it pops up a little paper clip saying all
this stuff.

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies