At 02:37 AM 2/17/01 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 09:03:54PM -0800, Edward Peschko wrote:
> > Right now, I do a search on the standard distribution, and I see
> > 'use warnings::register' in 13 out of 270 modules. Make 'use warnings' the
> > default, and you'd bet that there would be a big push to make the standard
> > distribution clean.
>
>No, there will probably be a big push to shut it off, based on
>historical reactions to this sort of thing.

Maybe I'm missing something; I'm sure the philosophy is for the standard
distribution to be -w clean, so shouldn't everything be equally okay with
use warnings?

> > THAT DOES NOT WORK. First of all, your syntax is off - the
> > '-Mw..-Ms..' one will ignore the '-Mstrict' part and generate an
> > error because -M can only take one argument. But more importantly,
> > THIS IS NOT UNIVERSAL AND CANNOT WORK IN A UNIVERSAL SCOPE.
>
>Hmm, its damned silly that you can't give two modules on the command
>line.

???

$ perl -Mwarnings -Mstrict -le 'print keys %INC'
Exporter.pmCarp.pmstrict.pmwarnings.pm

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies