At 01:30 AM 8/5/00 +0900, Simon Cozens wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 12:24:01PM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> > At 02:31 PM 8/4/00 +0200, dLux wrote:
> > >   My suggestion is: declare "eval $scalar" as a bad guy.
> >
> > It's not just string eval. It's also do FILE and require.
>
>Which you need at runtime, even in compiled code, to run external
>configuration files written in Perl. Oops!

Yup, oops indeed. OTOH, if we do bytecompiled files (like emacs .el/elc
stuff), it's not a huge oops, since we may well be able to load in the
bytecompiled version. And it does mean that folks writing perl code to run
on palms and other small devices might want a Plan B to save config files
off. Which is just fine, TMTOWTDI.

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk