At 05:35 PM 8/6/00 -0700, Nathan Wiger wrote:
>Can I make one observation? Maybe I'm the only one.
>
>I find the __ *really* hard to follow. I've been trying to keep up with
>this discussion, but it's really chewing me up.
>
>Since this is really something different (not a scalar, hash, etc), has
>any consideration been given to other variable names:
>
>    ^_
>    &_       # kinda like this - higher-order "&func"
>    !_

There's another argument for this, which is that __ will be hard to
differentiate in print (and for some people, on the screen) from plain
_.  Not that they won't be able to tell by looking harder and seeing the
context, but the potential for a higher casual misunderstanding is there.

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies