"Bryan C. Warnock" wrote:
> It seems to me that whether something is CORE-worthy is really a
> decision for the internals team.  Whether something should be a valid,
> meaningful construct in Perl, regardless of the implementation, is the
> focus of the language team.

The CORE of the Perl language is the syntax and semantics available
without any additional modules.

The CORE of the perl interpreter is libperl.so or just "perl" in a
static executable.

The CORE of the Perl distribution is whatever comes in perl.tar.gz.

Those are decisions for perl6-language, perl6-internals and perl6-build,
basically in that order. If perl6-language says something is CORE,
then perl6-internals has to live with it. The cases where something is
CORE in the language, but not in the interpreter (like "use strict")
makes dealing with Perl trickier. That's probably just me talking like
an embedder though.

- Ken