Internals added to cc:

On Fri, 04 Aug 2000, Nathan Wiger wrote:

> Point taken. But part of the goal was moving a lot of stuff out of CORE
> and making Perl faster. New features are great, but we should figure out
> whether or not they're truly CORE-worthy. Sticking it in a pragma like
> strict helps to solve this issue, but as always TMTOWTDI.

> BTW, I use CORE to mean "perl" and not "perl.tar.gz".

Hmmm, is that the generic "we"?

(It seems to me that whether something is CORE-worthy is really a
decision for the internals team.  Whether something should be a valid,
meaningful construct in Perl, regardless of the implementation, is the
focus of the language team.  Perhaps a better job of making this
distinction will keep the language list from its current bloat, as skud
pointed out.  The language list keeps migrating from "why" to "how".)

 --
Bryan C. Warnock
([EMAIL PROTECTED])