Larry Wall writes:
>     @a ^[+] @b

I like this one in preference to plain ^+, but (unless I'm missing
something) it still leaves the question of what to do with xor.

>     @a '[+] @b

Doesn't this reinvent the $Package'symbol problem?

> The * has obvious mnemonic value of the splat sort, but also mentally clashes
> with the notion of multiplication when using mathematical ops inside.

Hmm.

  @a *[+] @b
  @a *[*] @b

I think I could cope, if only because the brackets highlight the vectorised
operator more than the outside symbol.

How about tilde?

If I'm successfully playing along at home, I think that means the match
operator has to be ~~ or =~, but I can live happily with either of those.

--
Aaron Crane * GBdirect Ltd.
http://training.gbdirect.co.uk/course/perl/