Allison Randal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Miko O'Sullivan wrote:
>>
>> Therefore, I propose that members of the language list provide summaries
>> of the discussions in the group.  Each summary describes a proposed idea
>> feature of the language, then summarizes the list's feelings on the idea.
>> Different opinions will be presented.  The summaries will also attempt to
>> provide a feeling for the weight of opinion, e.g., "most people felt this
>> way", "some people felt differently", etc. The summaries will also link to
>> the original threads so that readers can peruse the raw data.
>
> Go for it. It might not catch on, but it's worth a try. Keep in mind
> that Piers' summaries already cover a good part of this, but if you do
> it right you might make his job easier. :)

Hell yes. Actually my summaries run on a different 'clock' to thread
summaries; I'd expect thread summaries to get written after a given
thread has pretty much died down (or at least started repeating itself
too often) whereas my summaries get produced to a weekly timetable,
which isn't necessarily the same as the threads (see the last few
summaries where the same thread has appeared repeatedly)

--
Piers