The idea of discussion summaries has been well received, so I'm going to
push forward with a few.  I invite everyone here to join in.

The idea is *not* that Miko writes summaries of every thread.  The idea is
that the proponent of an idea, or someone very interested in an idea,
writes a summary as a clean final presentation of the idea and its
reception.

Submitting a summary of your pet proposed feature is a good way to put the
idea in front of the decision makers.  You can show off your idea without
the clutter of endless detailed commentary.  That being said, you still
need to present a balanced summary of the all opinions, including those
you disagree with.

The summaries will be located at http://www.idocs.com/perl6/

Here's how to submit a summary. Use the template at
http://www.idocs.com/perl6/template.html . The HTML is set to use the
stylesheets on my server, so you can edit the summary on your own machine
and submit it once it's clean and ready.  Email the summary to me at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  The summary should be written after discussion of the
idea has winded down. I won't announce in the list the appearance of
individual summaries, but I will occasionally post a list of new
summaries.

I'll be starting with three of my own favorites: vrep
(http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg09684.html), the
monolithic "Loop controls" thread
(http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg09684.html), and
named params in subroutines