On 3/12/04 12:43 PM, Larry Wall wrote:
> Some good questions only have bad answers.  This might be one of them.

I have been watching this thread with increasing unease, asking myself
exactly what the potential benefit is of this proposed feature and syntax.
I'm all for saving some typing, but yeesh.  The only case that seems even
remotely onerous is this one:

    my My::Big::Class::Name $obj = My::Big::Class::Name.new();

    vs.

    my My::Big::Class::Name $obj .= new()

but I'm willing to eat that if I never have to see the other crazy "="-based
syntax proposals this thread has spawned :)

-John