Darren Duncan wrote:

Assuming that all elements of $a and $b are themselves immutable to all levels of recursion, === then does a full deep copy like eqv. If at any level we get a mutable object, then at that point it turns into =:= (a trivial case) and stops.

True or false?

More imprtantly, how do I tell perl what I mean? The best I can think of is:

Vs

But this only works for nice flat structures. For arbitrary tree structures, we probably need adverbs on a comparison op (I think Larry mentioned this a few posts back) ... but if we're going with adverbs do we really need 5 different base operators? Are all of the 5 so common that it would be clumbersome to require adverbs for their behavior?

Also, when sorting things, maybe deep inequalities would be useful, too.