On Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 12:53:17PM +0100, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Moritz Lenz <mor...@faui2k3.org> wrote:
>
> > Given the current version number scheme (year.month), it's highly
> > unlikely that we'll ever see a Rakudo 1.0.
> >
> > So I'd change that to "after a production release of a Perl 6 compiler"
>
> People might be expecting that when Rakudo is ready it would have a
> 1.0 release. I sure did. Using year + month is nice in a way, but it
> means that you don't immediately know if the release is production vs
> devel, or whether it's a major vs minor release.

Out of curiosity (because I think it will illuminate some of the difficulty
Rakudo devs have in declaring something to be a "production release"):

  - What constitues a "production release"?
  - What was the first production release of Perl 4?
  - What was the first production release of Perl 5?
  - What was the first production release of Linux?
  - At what point was each of the above declared a "production release";
    was it concurrent with the release, or some time afterwards?

Pm