Well, we've got 50 or so customer boxes that we need to upgrade, so we
need the package management.  I used to build my own from source, too,
and still do on my Solaris box, but I like being able to add and remove
things reliable.  But to each their own.

apt and fedora.

'

-- Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC and S/JDBC Postgresql support, programming shared hosting and dedicated hosting. +1-503-222-2783 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.commandprompt.com Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - http://www.postgresql.org

http://archives.postgresql.org