Merlin Moncure wrote:
I've been mostly following this discussion on
this particular topic but have absolutely no idea what, if anything,
to do on the wiki in terms of submitting patch.

I think the short answer right now to this and to Joshua's original question is: to submit a patch do what has always been done, i.e. send the patch to the mailing list. You can also add the patch to the list on the wiki, but if you don't, it won't be forgotten.

All the rest is for reviewers/committers.

I've been wondering idly and probably pointlessly if we should try adopting something like the methodology of the Usenet Oracle, which, if you ask it a question will usually send you one to answer in return. Obviously we can't always do that, but maybe we should be asking people who are obviously competent enough (judging by the quality and complexity of the patches they submit) to step up to the plate more on reviewing patches. No amount of process will substitute for more reviewers.

cheers

andrew