Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
Or we could have autovacuum just drop orphaned temp tables, *if*
they have gotten old enough to need anti-wraparound vacuuming.
While I'm still uncomfortable with having autovac drop anything,
at least this would avoid the worst cases of "gee I really needed
that data to investigate the crash".  The main attractions of this
idea are avoiding the corrupt-index issue and not doing vacuuming
work that's 99.99% sure to be useless.

That sounds a lot simpler and better to me.

Yeah, when I read the original this one struck me as almost a no-brainer choice.

cheers

andrew