On Jul 21, 2008, at 13:28, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

Maybe that's the problem that really needs solving?

One of the big Postgres features is its extensibility.  I agree that
the extensions can sometimes be hard to find, but surely the answer to
that is not an infinitely large source tarball?

Oh, of course. But one thing at a time. I'm in complete agreement that what goes into core should be pretty conservative, and that the module problem should be addressed. But even given that, I think that there is a strong case to be made that citext should be in contrib.

Best,

David