Tom Lane wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> I assume that could just be always enabled.
>
> > It is not "always" enabled. When we build it with SE-PostgreSQL feature,
> > rest of enhanced security features (includes the row-level ACL) are
> > disabled automatically, as we discussed before.
>
> It seems like a pretty awful idea to have enabling sepostgres take away
> a feature that exists in the default build.

Agreed.  The problem is that the security column used for SQL-level row
security is reused to hold the SE-Linux ACL when SE-Linux is enabled.  I
suppose the only way to enable them both in an SE-Linux build would be
to use a new optional column for SE-Linux and keep the SQL-level row
security optional column unchanged.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        http://momjian.us