Pavel Stehule wrote:
2009/1/27 Jaime Casanova <jcasa...@systemguards.com.ec>:
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.steh...@gmail.com> wrote:
so it could be released. 8.5 should be implemented in shorted
cycle - only one commitfest, that is enough (+3 month) for well
completing SE and replication patches.
we tried this before (8.2 to 8.3 i think), the idea was that the next
release should be in 6 months... we release at least 6 months later...

ATM that a new release cycle starts new patch will arrive and there
will be no way to get the shorted release in time...

I remember it. Solution is - don't accept new patches for next commitfest.

I don't think that'll work. People will still keep writing patches. Or if they don't, that's even worse! Either people will work on patches that they're interested in, or they'll go away and do something else. Only very few will drop their pet projects for the common good and help with the review instead.

We can adjust the length of the release cycle by adjusting the number of commitfests. I think the normal ~ 1 year cycle is quite optimal, though.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas