On Mar 24, 2009, at 9:41 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

So far taking the CVS logs and making a list of only the items we want
for the release notes took one day; researching and rewording the items
so they are ready for the release notes took five days;  grouping them
into sections and rewording/combining, 1/2 a day, and adding SGML markup
will be another few hours.

FWIW, this is a thankless job, and I commend you for taking it on, Bruce. Others may feel that there are better ways to do it, or to track changes through time so it's easier to generate the changes list at release time, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to do what you do for this, so many thanks for putting together a useful list of changes every release.

Thanks,

David