Tom,

It fits into 80 columns if you don't have any functions with 11 parameters. ;-)

Actually, I'm thinking the new column ought to be called "type". That way, it could be "window" or "trigger" or "internal", and more types later if we develop any (like "MED").

Too late for 8.4 I'm afraid, but we could talk about it for 8.5.  What
have you got in mind that would be different from \df?

Well, \df+. It would have the same columns. But you'd be able to query just the column you want, and just the types you want.

SELECT name, parameters FROM pg_functions WHERE function_type = "window".

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.