Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net> writes:
> Updated patch, still pending docs, but otherwise updated: allow
> start/stop backup, make sure only superuser can turn on/off the flag,
> include in system views, show properly in psql.

I'd suggest avoiding creating the static cache variable
AuthenticatedUserIsReplicationRole.  This can't possibly be sufficiently
interesting from a performance point of view to justify the risks
associated with stale cache values.  Just look up the pg_authid syscache
entry when needed, ie, treat it more like rolcreaterole than rolsuper.

BTW, you forgot pg_dumpall support.