"David E. Wheeler" <da...@kineticode.com> wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2011, at 10:32 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

>> It's pretty important that we don't design ourselves into a
>> corner her
>
> Which is why my suggestion is pretty much free from any design

Now you're scaring me.  I read that as "the proposed design is free
from the influence of any design effort."  That's precisely how you
can find yourself standing in a corner with wet paint on the floor
all around you.

At a minimum you would need to specify the format of the dependency
list and either some header and or terminator or some specification
of something which *can't* be in the list.  It would be ironic if
our extensions configuration wasn't extensible.

-Kevin