Jeff Davis wrote:
On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 14:42 -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
Can Pg be changed to support "." in operator names as long as they don't just appear by themselves? What would this break to do so?

Someone else would have to comment on that. My feeling is that it might
create problems with qualified names, and also with PG's "arg.function"
call syntax.

With respect to qualified names or "arg.function", then unless the "function" can be symbolic, I considered your examples to be the "appear by themselves", hence "." by itself wouldn't be a new operator, and I generally assumed here that any multi-character operators with "." to be symbolic.

In any event, I also saw Tom's reply about DOT_DOT being a token already.

-- Darren Duncan