On 02/27/2014 05:54 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

And it's not just that "broadly speaking most people would prefer
the interface to speak JSON"; it's that a JSONish interface for indexed
heirachical data is a Big Feature which will drive adoption among web
developers, and hstore2 without JSON support simply is not.  At trade
shows and developer conferences, I get more questions about PostgreSQL's
JSON support than I do for any new feature since streaming replication.

Just to back this up. This is not anecdotal. I have multiple customers performing very large development projects right now. Every single one of them is interested in the pros/cons of using PostgreSQL and JSON.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc