hlinnakan...@vmware.com> wrote:
> >Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to create it correctly in the first
place?

> Looking at the code, I think it is very well possible to create
> it correctly in the first place without much extra work.  I will
> send a patch if nobody sees any problem with this change.

Attached patch implements the above suggested fix.
I have removed the earlier code which was used to update the
symlink path.

Do you see any need to change below line in docs:
"If a tablespace is relocated in this way, the symbolic links inside the
main data directory are updated to point to the new location."
Refer link:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/app-pgbasebackup.html

I was not sure whether docs need any change, so kept them
intact.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.