El mar 21, 2015 2:00 AM, "Mark Kirkwood" <mark.kirkw...@catalyst.net.nz>
escribió:

> On 21/03/15 19:28, Jaime Casanova wrote:
>>
>> what about not removing it but not showing it in postgresql.conf? as a
>> side note, i wonder why trace_sort is not in postgresql.conf...
>> other option is to make it a compile setting, that why if you want to
>> have it you need to compile and postgres' developers do that routinely
>> anyway
>>

> -1
>
> Personally I'm against hiding *any* settings. Choosing sensible defaults
- yes! Hiding them - that reeks of secret squirrel nonsense and overpaid
Oracle dbas that knew the undocumented settings for various capabilities. I
think/hope that no open source project will try to emulate that meme!

That ship has already sailed.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/runtime-config-developer.html

--
Jaime Casanova