On 22/03/15 08:34, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

On 03/21/2015 12:00 AM, Mark Kirkwood wrote:

-1

Personally I'm against hiding *any* settings. Choosing sensible defaults
- yes! Hiding them - that reeks of secret squirrel nonsense and overpaid
Oracle dbas that knew the undocumented settings for various
capabilities. I think/hope that no open source project will try to
emulate that meme!

I don't agree with this at all. On the one hand:

Postgres: So many settings people have no idea where to start (unless they have background)

vs

Postgres: Only the settings that are "needed" for 95% of installations.

JD

How about 2 config files?

One marked adult^H^H^H^H^H power users only, or some such, with the really dangerous or unusual options?

Cheers,
Gavin