On 03/20/2015 04:09 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

Thus far, the rule for postgresql.conf has been that pretty much
everything goes in there, and that's a defensible position.  Other
reasonable options would be to ship the file with a small handful of
settings in it and leave everything else, or to ship it completely
empty of comments with only those settings that initdb sets and
nothing else.  I'd be OK a coherent policy change in this area, but
just removing one or two setting seems like it will be confusing
rather than helpful.

I would agree with this. I imagine there is only about a dozen, dozen and a half that need to be there by default.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc

Now I get it: your service is designed for a customer
base that grew up with Facebook, watches Japanese seizure
robot anime, and has the attention span of a gnat.
I'm not that user., "Tyler Riddle"