On 02/09/2016 07:49 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
So running it's not running with fsync off or using the ramdisk for
stats_temp_directory. Of course, that doesn't explain why we're not
seeing it on branches earlier than 9.5, but it could explain why we're
only seeing it on the ecpg tests.
BTW, the evidence we already have from axolotl's last run is that
post-checkpoint shutdown in the ecpg test was pretty quick:

LOG:  database system is shut down at 2016-02-09 16:31:14.784 EST
LOG:  lock files all released at 2016-02-09 16:31:14.817 EST

However, I'd already noted from some other digging in the buildfarm
logs that axolotl's speed seems to vary tremendously.  I do not
know what else you typically run on that hardware, but putting it
under full load might help prove things.

Almost nothing. It's a Raspberry Pi 2B that I got mainly to run a buildfarm animal. About the only other thing of note is a very lightly configured Nagios instance.

Of course, I could put it under continuous load running a compilation or something.

cheers

andrew