On 02/10/2016 12:53 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
Yeah. It's faintly possible that a kernel upgrade will  help.
Another data point. I have another RPi2B that is running Debian Wheezy
rather than the Fedora remix. I'm running the same test on it we ran
yesterday on axolotl. It seems to be running without having the same
problems. So maybe the particular kernel port to ARM is what's tripping
us up.
I'd bet against it being a port-specific problem; it sounds more like a
filesystem performance-tuning issue, which could easily change from one
kernel version to another.  What are the kernel version numbers exactly?

axolotl: Linux pirouette 3.18.13-501.20150510gitf36e19f.sc20.armv7hl.bcm2709 #1 SMP PREEMPT
debian: Linux piratic 3.18.7-v7+ #755 SMP PREEMPT

cheers

andrew