And, BTW, I deal with CSV *all the time* for my insurance clients, and I can tell you that that format hasn't changed in 20 years. We can hard-code it if it's easier.

Well many of my clients consider CSV "Character Separated Value" not Comma... Thus I get data like this:

"Hello","Good Bye"
Hello   Good Bye
Hello,Good Bye
"This", "They're"
This    They're
"This"        "Is"  "A"   1

Dealing with all of these different nuances is may or may not be beyond the scope of copy but it seems that it could be something that it can handle.

Python has a csv module that allows you to assign dialects to any specific type of import you are performing.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

+1-503-667-4564 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.commandprompt.com
begin:vcard
fn:Joshua D. Drake
n:Drake;Joshua D.
org:Command Prompt, Inc.
adr:;;PO Box 215;Cascade Locks;Oregon;97014;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Consultant
tel;work:503-667-4564
tel;fax:503-210-0034
note:Command Prompt, Inc. is the largest and oldest US based commercial PostgreSQL support provider. We  provide the only commercially viable integrated PostgreSQL replication solution, but also custom programming, and support. We authored  the book Practical PostgreSQL, the procedural language plPHP, and adding trigger capability to plPerl.
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.commandprompt.com/
version:2.1
end:vcard