I wrote:

Fernando Nasser wrote:

[snip re multiline CSV fields]

I have never seen such a beast,

Export from a spreadsheet where people have formated the cell with the address on it.

Well, I just tried with OpenOffice on my RH9 box, and it translated the line breaks in the cell into spaces in the CSV. When I replaced them with line breaks in a text editor and reloaded it treated them as separate rows.

I don't have a Windows box handy on which I can test Excel's behaviour.

Clearly my experience is out of date - I just found a web ref to Excel doing just this. Oh, well, it doesn't seem to me an insurmountable problem.

cheers

andrew

     joining column's datatypes do not match