On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 11:44:28PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >>
> >> I vote just to mention it's removal at this time,
>
> > Agreed.  Done.
>
> While I don't care that much one way or the other --- what is the
> difference between this and the prior state?  Karel already said
> in the 7.4 docs that to_char(interval) would be removed in the next
> release.  Why would the people who ignored the warning last time
> believe it this time round?
>
> I think that 8.0 is a more appropriate release number in which to be
> taking backwards-compatibility hits than 8.1.  So if we're gonna do
> it at all, I would vote for doing it now.

 I  agree  with Tom. The  function  to_char(interval)  is useless,  bad,
 unsupported and without  future (if you want to know  why you can found
 answer in  lists archive). I think 8.0  is really better time  for some
 cleanups and back compatibility changes than some other release.

 BTW,  I'm  going to  start  fulltime  job  for  RH next  week. Note  RH
 constitute new team of developers  in Czech Republic. Maybe I will have
 again more time for PostgreSQL (or maybe  not if they assign me to some
 other project  -- but PostgreSQL  is my  wish :-) So  to_char() familly
 will again better maintained.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>