My primary desire is to avoid having to download several Meg of tar ball(s) in order to add a module to an existing server ... if that can be accomplished, then my main objection to adding things to the core CVS are eliminated ...

I guess I don't see the problem of the PostgreSQL distribution being 11 megs, heck even 50 megs. I know that some places don't have the bandwidth we do but it only takes me about 90 seconds to download the distribution.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

-- Your PostgreSQL solutions company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.800.492.2240 PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Programming, 24x7 support Managed Services, Shared and Dedication Hosting Co-Authors: plPHP, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/