Josh Berkus wrote:

Not decided, but it's surely on the radar screen for this discussion.
Joe Conway's PL/R is in the back of my mind as well --- it likely has
a smaller userbase than the first two, but from a maintenance standpoint
it probably belongs on the same level.

Yeah, except PL/R has wierd build requirements (FORTRAN) and different licensing (R is GPL). :-(

R requires FORTRAN to build, but PL/R doesn't. PL/R just needs an installed copy of libR.so (or equiv). Also, PL/R can build using pgxs now, so it doesn't even need a Postgres source tree.

I've considered relicensing PL/R with a BSD license, but I haven't been able to decide whether I really can do that given libR's GPL status, and I'm afraid it might tick off the R core developers if I do.

Joe

(quiet lately, but still lurking...)

http://archives.postgresql.org