On Oct 18, 2013, at 9:57 AM, Goubier Thierry <thierry.goub...@cea.fr> wrote:

> Hi Esteban,
>
> I'm porting to the new RPackage and I have a few questions:
>
> * What is the best way to get the RPackage linked to a MCWorkingCopy? I use
>
> aMCWorkingCopy packageSet packages first
>
> But is there a better way to do it?

well... it should, but it isn't :(
I suppose

RPackageOrganizer default packageNamed: aMCWorkingCopy packageName

should work, but I didn't implemented (feel free to do it and commit a slice
:).

> * For tags, if the package has only a system category with the same name as
> the package, will this result in one tag or no tag (i.e. will there be at
> least one tag in a RPackage?)

there will be always one tag (homonym to its parent)

> * RPackageTag has a few assymetries: adding a class to a tag doesn't change
> its system category, however renaming a tag reclassifies the classes in the
> tag...

mmm... yes, I'm more or less aware.
We should fix that, but still not sure how (easiest when is to make the add tag
to inform a new system category, but then also rename/remove).
Again... if you want to help there, please do it!

> * Tracking changes to tags suppose in fact listening to system-category
> announcements, isn't it?

yep :(
anyway, next year I will remove also System Categories, but in the mean time we
need the sync.

> Otherwise, porting to the new RPackage is going along fine :) Thanks for the
> effort.

cool!

> I haven't found the new Nautilus yet :(

why? it is there :)