On 25 Nov 2013, at 09:19, p...@highoctane.be wrote:

> Exactly. This researcher/industry - lab/delivery is always present, no matter
> where one goes.
>
> I was thinking more along the lines of:
>

> Investing in the industry
>
> Thousands of vendors depend on Intel® processors for product development. To
> help them forge ahead with new product advancements, Intel invests heavily in
> research that drives innovations at the silicon level and establishes new,
> industry-wide standards. Combined with the predictability of Intel’s
> tick-tock model, these efforts promote faster, more efficient innovation
> throughout the industry—year-in and year-out.

Yes, and tick-tock as well as research all happens in parallel.

Now how can we get the resource to do that?

In the end, the “stable/unstable” is very much like a tick/tock: we release,
when we find problems in the release (and we find a fix…) we fix the release
(tik),
while working in tok (big change).

It would be better to have payed teams for both…

        Marcus