On 15 May 2014, at 22:13, kmo <vox...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, this is all about marketing. But I think being smalltalk is a marketing
> plus. It was for me. Who are these people who will run a mile at the mention
> of smalltalk? And if they hate smalltalk so much, are they not going to be
> disappointed when they find out that pharo is just another version of the
> dead language they have always shunned?

Let's say that the people who know Smalltalk will come anyway, because they
understand the lineage. There is no real point in preaching to those who are
already converted. You would be surprised how little young people know about
older languages and technologies, there is a reason why everything is being
reinvented all the time ;-)