Ok, I will try to explain again:

Cmd+i means inspect. When I am in a class browser, it means that the
inspector windows opens up. But, when I am in the inspector, it can simply
mean open a new pane to the right.

Then if you explicitly want to open a window you use an imperative Inspect
that we can map on Cmd+Shift+i (like we did for the explorer before).

I think this would fit, but it would be a bit difficult to implement.

Is it clearer? What do you think?

Cheers,
Doru

--