Le 03/10/2014 22:10, stepharo a écrit :

Hi Stef,

I like your metaphor , and yes, I really hope to share my personal soup with Pharo community asap. A soup about databases, json, streaming/map reduce stuff I've been thinking (and still thinking) for a while now. All of that still in an alpha or infancy step now, but I'm working hard on that (big problem for me is time - I'm greedy on that, plus lot of stress at work). btw, I'm confident about Pharo technology, spur and 64 bits, and it is a great move forward :). May be I'll fail -it would not be the first time- but anyway, if I can contribute with Pharo (bugs, doc or whatever is accessible to me), I will.
Just because I prefer Pharo over dotNet or Java
 :)

Regards,

Alain

Thanks alain.

Here is my metaphor: I help myself and share my "soup of stones" with
people that want to improve our soup of stones.
At the end our soup may be great.

Another way to present my metaphor is: "focus on what you need and
change the system (and send us fixes/enhancements) on what you need.
Because if you do not do it, then why a guy not needing it would need to
spend time."
ah to grow the market.... well Spur, 64 bits, better FFI, decent events,
automated build for VM and many many other things are already in the
pipeline and
(none of them is about research :) you can trust me on that