Le 12/1/15 18:56, Sven Van Caekenberghe a écrit :
On 12 Jan 2015, at 18:27, Alain Rastoul <alf.mmm....@gmail.com> wrote:

hi all,

Googling a bit for a logging framework in Pharo, I found sl4j, which sounds
familiar to me.
http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Log4s.html/Wiki

I suppose the API is the same as the java package, as claimed by the project
page.
I wonder if anybody is using it , or has tried it and have an advice on that
package ?
(I  saw there was no test and no comments ... :( )

I think it could be great for Pharo to have a standard package like that, a
logging facility is mandatory for most -if not all- applications

Any advice or pointers ?
Object logging instead of String logging is the way to go. SystemLogger,
Beacon, Zinc's ZnLogEvent are examples. Search the mailing list for past
discussions.

we will merge SystemLogger and Beacon. Now there is a full documentation about SystemLogger at https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/PharoReadyForReviews

TIA
--