Regarding Windows... Last that I looked, the PharoLauncher image is
installed into the "Program Files" System Folder.  This causes a problem
since when a PharoLauncher Image is saved by a Standard User, they cannot
write to the System Folder so Windows *fakes* it and actually writes to a
User Fodler, but makes it look like the file is in the System Folder. That
is, the Standard User is looking at a Fake System Folder!!

So when as an Administrator you update PharoLauncher by rerunning the
installer,  the update happily installs into the System Folder, but the
Standard User is still looking at the Fake System Folder, so they only see
the old version, not the newly installed version.

This confused me for quite a while - even as an IT Administrator of 15
years.  Its likely to cause chaos and pain for others down the track. So I
recommend that the installer be changed so that the PharoLauncher Image is
installed into a User Folder - at least by default, and maybe as the only
option.

I had meant to fix this in PharoLauncher myself, and also would offer to
test it - but unfortunately I currently don't have access to a Windows
machine.

cheers -ben