On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 12:34 AM, Damien Cassou <damien.cas...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Cyril Ferlicot <cyril.ferli...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On 31 March 2015 at 17:22, Damien Cassou <damien.cas...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> problem
> cannot
> to a
> >> That
> >>
> >> that's very strange. Can someone please evaluate this expression on your
> >> Windows box and give us the result?
> >>
> >>     PlatformResolver forCurrentPlatform cache
>
> > File @ C:\Users\Cyril\AddData\Roaming
>

> looks good to me. So, I don't understand Ben's problem.

> So
> Image
> >> is
> only
> >>

> >> I disagree. The launcher should be installed with other applications.
> >> But the data is per-user. On Ubuntu, the launcher is happily installed
> >> under /usr/share/pharo-launcher and images are download to
> >> ~/.cache/Pharo/images.

The location of the downloaded images is fine.  It is the location of
PharoLauncher's own image that is the problem on windows if the user
happens to save the Image.  Try the following on Windows 7+...

1. Install pharo_installer-0.x.x.exe as administrator.

2. Run Pharolauncher as a standard user.

3. Change to development mode, open Playground and type a note to yourself
like "This should not show after a reinstall".  Quit Pharolauncher and
restart to check it still appears, and quit again.

4. Re-install pharo_installer-0.x.x.exe as administrator (like you might
when a newer version is available)

5. Run Pharolauncher as a standard user.
You would expect a fresh image - one that doesn't show the note to
yourself,  but I had found (a while ago) that the note still shows,
indicating the upgrade effectively failed.

That is a "typical" workflow in a corporate environment, which I expect
Pharo would like to target.

So when you:
  * run PharoLauncher as administrator and get the new Pharolauncher, but
  * run PharoLauncher as a standard user and get the old Pharolauncher
you may rightfully ask wtf ?!?  What do you observe?

cheers -ben