I will soon release a “versioner commit tool” who will help with this.
The process will remain as now:

you do your changes
you do “commit version of X” (where X can be from “Rubric” to “GTSpotter”  (and
in the hopefully not far future even “Nautilus” or, why not “Pharo-IDE” or even
“Pharo”)
tools will collect packages and configurations and generate new ones, using
semver nomenclature.
finally, you will copy your “main” configuration (the root of your change) to
the inbox (same as now).

this is the beginning of the end of SLICEd based development.
and this is the beginning of a modular era :)

This is almost ready and is a good example of incremental changes that produces
a fundamental lap (remember “nomads do not build cathedrals” talk from Marcus):

- gofer allows the scripting of commit and load packages
- metacello allows us to declare and manage dependences
- versionner does a very good job maintaining metacello configurations
- version commit tool will allow the automation release pacthes for nested
configurations

Esteban

ps: and when I said almost ready, it is for real: I hope to release an alpha
version for testing tomorrow :)
pps: sounds bad to put this last tool in the list to the big contributions… at
the end, is just a small tool on top of really important projects :))