I do not think there are many people around here that would think that it
is irrelevant if the Pharo VM can be developed in Pharo or not. Of course,
it is important.

So, the discussion should not go to challenge this direction, but rather in
you telling us the use cases that you need supported. Please note that I
did not say which exact code and how it should look like. I would be
interested in learning about the use cases you have. I am quite certain
that there are a number of ways to support them and when we work on GT it
would be useful to have your use cases on our table.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com