> On 28 Jan 2016, at 09:23, Christophe Demarey <christophe.dema...@inria.fr>
> wrote:
>
> I read too fast.
> But my comment is still true.
> We also want a new version browser. Monticello browser is too tied to ...
> Monticello. We would like a better approach for both git and monticello.

It is totally wrong to put Git and Monticello at the same level, they are
related but different things.

Monticello models our code and your changes to it. It also has a way of putting
a package into a persistent representation that can be copied around. An MC
server is nothing more than storage.

Filetree is another way of doing that, using a different representation, but it
still needs MC for the high level stuff. Git is versioned storage. And there is
a conflict there, yes.

But throwing away the MC code and changes model would leave you with file outs.
You do not want to go there, really. Never, ever.