On 3 April 2016 at 12:27, Aliaksei Syrel <alex.sy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, in most UI of applications (in web, mobile) it is extremely rare
> that clipping or event handling areas differ from drawing one (visual one -
> one that user sees in the end).

A counter-example that immediately comes to mind is Pharo's icon. You could
imagine a minimal version of it with just the circle/wave/splash and the
striped lighthouse inside (in the current icon, that has been filled with
some semi-transparent whiteish gradient). The visual shape has voids
(inside the circle, in between the stripes…) but the click-collision mask
is basically a full disc. I'm pretty sure an early version of the icon had
the same shape for rendering and click-catching, and you had to aim for the
small opaque regions in it…

--
Damien Pollet