First of all how many are undocumented ? Do we have any statistics ?
Personally I don't thinks it's a huge issue because most people use catalog
as an easy install and not to discover new packages. I have not even
bothered to read the ones that are documented. Frankly I don't mind because
I always document and if I need a package I will just document it.