Le 2/8/16 à 15:47, Ben Coman a écrit :
On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Torsten Bergmann <asta...@gmx.de> wrote:
Hi Stef,

from past discussions/threads I know "Bloc" as Pharo's possible future UI,
watched the video [1] and have played with the premade
image from the CI Server. Also the Brick layer (which is on top of Bloc) was
announced as a preview once [2].

Now in some of the mails it was mentioned that there will be or already is a "Bloc
2" (see [3]). Can you or the person
working on it summarize:

  - who works on it
  - what are the goals, what will be included (like the CSS styling)
  - where it is hosted
  - what the status is
  - if there is already a CI build or preview
  - how Brick will relate to "Bloc 2", will there be a "Brick 2" as well?
  - if it will work with Spec

Even if not all could be answered (yet) more informations on "Bloc 2" would
really be nice, ideally as a
status summary to the community.

Thanks
T.

[1] https://vimeo.com/115336678
[2] http://gtoolkit.org/brick/
[3]
http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2016-August/123115.html

You see as I mention in my other mail: Glenn was not happy with the move inside Bloc1+ and he took all his experience and discussions on Bloc1+ and build a new one.
You read my thoughts Torsten.  It would seem something has been learnt
from Bloc 1 to necessitate a change in direction.  This would be
interesting to know, as well as the plan for the new architecture.
The plans (as far as Alain, Glenn and Thales are concerned) is that we will have a roadmap soon :)

I don't know what is the funding arrangements are to develop Bloc 2.
There are none. Glenn is doing it instead of working on his PhD but he needs it also for his PhD. and I hope part of it will be able to be part of his PhD. My plan is to help Glenn for his PhD.
If its mostly someone's free time then maybe we can't put too much
demands on status report.  However since Bloc will become a core part
of Pharo, perhaps it is worthwhile for the Pharo Association (or other
body) to fund such a status report for the community.  A detailed
forward plan may have the side effect to encourage participation.
Glenn and Alain were a bit secret because it was not clear how Bloc contributors would react.
I was involved since I push Bloc since its early genesis.

Since now this is going in the right direction, the project is now public, you can load it and it works. I do not know if the discussions are public on pharo slack channels now (they should be in Pharo and not in a private slack). Now what is important to understand is that Glenn is busy and Alain has some family
problems.

Now the plan is to have a presentation at ESUG between aliak and glenn. So we should get something.

Stef

cheers -ben